Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Blouse with open back

To create this blouse, I followed McCall's pattern M7570

.  This was the pattern number I found it under (and also the number found on instructions) but the outer envelope displays M0533

  It is a very easy pattern to follow.  The difficulty is working with the material.  Following the advice of the pattern, I used a two way stretch knit fabric.  It was very challenging to pin this material.  While measuring and preparing to hem the neckline, sleeves, and bottom of the shirt, I resorted to using scotch tape rather than pins.  This prevented having to move the material.

The machines used for this project included a Serger and a conventional sewing machine.  The Serger trims the seam allowance while sewing and thereby saving time.

Here are pictures of the final product.